Big Read Process
The CHS Big Read for the 2022-2023 school year will be assigned to students when we return in the fall. Only students scheduled to take AP Language, AP Literature, or English IV Honors have summer assignments and have received that information from their teachers.
- Students will purchase the book at orientation.
Big Read Mission
- To select a book to be read by all CHS students, faculty, and staff.
- To highlight themes relevant to our community and applicable to the lives of students, faculty, and staff.
- To integrate a common work of literature into curriculum, enhancing community and creating meaning for academic activities.
- To encourage an appreciation of reading by providing selections that not only have literary merit but are engaging and relatable as well.
- To foster the critical thinking skills our students need to be successful.
- To teach students to engage in constructive dialogue that is respectful, honest, and mature.