Student leaders were honored at Catholic High School’s annual Leadership Convocation Wednesday, April 26, 2023 The evening included several celebrations including:
· Club moderators recognizing students who served as officers in extracurricular programs this year.
· Dr. Charley Silvio, Activities Director presenting certificates to students who served as district, regional, and state officers.
· Mrs. Christy Kessler, Assistant Principal for Instruction, recognizing students who qualified at District Literary Rally.
· Recognition of members of Honor Bands and Honor Choirs.
· Honoring our Congressional App Challenge winner.
The Student Council officers for 2022-2023 were inducted into office. They are:
- Frederick Tabor, Historian/Public Relations Officer
- Davis Dawes, Secretary
- Charlie Lanehart, LASC District III President
- Sean Valluzzo, LASC State President
- David Lemann, Student Council Vice President
- Jack Mosely, Student Council President
CHS Principal Lisa Harvey presented several academic awards to members of the junior class.
· Jackson Whitlow was selected for the Frederick Douglass and Susan B. Anthony Award, an award that honors a student with outstanding proficiency in American History
· The Bausch and Lomb Honorary Science Award was awarded to Luke Dawson by the Science department.
· Cole Mogharrebi was selected by the Math department to receive the Rensselaer Medalist Award.
· The English department awarded the Tulane Book Award to Adler Rice
The evening closed out with the awarding of several special awards.
Each year, the Baton Rouge State Fair Foundation presents an award and scholarship to an outstanding student volunteer. The CHS recipient this year was Jackson Whitlow.
Colton Coffey and Gordon Crawford were awarded Barefoot Pedals Foundation Scholarships. This award recognizes a CHS Band member and CHS Student Minister in honor of Jeff Nola ’94, a former CHS faculty member who lost his courageous battle with cancer in 2011. Jeff’s father, Mike Nola ’62, and Foundation President, Andrew Brown ’94, presented the scholarships with Mrs. Harvey.
Luke Hertel was awarded the Bishop Ott Senior Patriotic Award for his respect for God and country by the Knights of Columbus. Mr. Delmas Forbes, a member of the Knights of Columbus Bishop OTT Fourth Degree Assembly, joined us to present the award.
The Jacob M. Meek ’17 Memorial Scholarship, which honors Jacob’s courageous determination, drive, perseverance, and resiliency throughout his life was awarded to Jack Masterson. Jacob’s parents, John and Tiffany, were on hand to recognize Robert.
Catholic High thanks our student leaders and their families for their service to our school and community.
- School Leadership
- leadership convocation