Application Criteria and Timeline
IN ADMITTING STUDENTS, we look for young people who can profit from and contribute to the religious and educational mission of the school. While accepting the fact that there is a limit to what any one institution can do, we believe that the school is to serve a broad cross section of students with regard to both academic ability and socioeconomic status. Promoting and maintaining a diversity of students within the school community is a positive value, consistent with the tradition of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart. Therefore, in the admission of students high priority is given to those whose families have supported our schools and Catholic schools in general, and great care is taken to ensure that the school does not become available only to the social, academic, or athletic elite.
In keeping with the philosophy of education of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, Catholic High School seeks to create a diverse student body. Therefore, we reserve the right to accept a limited number of students who may not be Catholic and/or who may not be attending Catholic schools. Such students must satisfy the academic and behavioral expectations in order to be considered for admission.
While an offer of admission to Catholic High School is never automatic for any applicant, special consideration is given to students whose families have a history of attending schools staffed by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, to students attending Catholic schools, and to minority students.
Typically, the students offered admission to the 2021-2022 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th grades of Catholic High School
- had conduct grades of As and Bs
- had academic grades of As, Bs, and Cs
- had good attendance and discipline records
For additional information, contact Director of Admissions Mrs. Sherie Noel LeBlanc at email@example.com.
- Written guidelines, established after a broad consultation process, are used in the admission procedure. These guidelines allow for valid exceptions to admission priorities.
- Catholic students who have been in Catholic schools are given priority in admission.
- No student is refused solely because of inability to pay the tuition.
- The school seeks to identify students in true financial need and tries to find ways to increase tuition assistance through grants and work study programs.
- While standardized test scores are used in the evaluation of applicants, high scores are not the sole or primary criterion for admission.
- Directors of admissions ask the assistance of Catholic elementary school principals in evaluating students from their schools; they also cooperate with local Church officials and diocesan guidelines.
- The school is open to students of all races and nationalities.
- No student is offered admission solely for athletic reasons. No special financial, academic or transportation considerations are given to any student because of athletic ability.
Click here for additional application information.
Catholic High School, Inc., is a Louisiana corporation doing business as Catholic High School. The organization is referred to in our handbook as Catholic High School, Catholic High, the school and/or Catholic High School. Catholic High School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on any national, ethnic or religious basis in administration of the school’s education policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, athletics or any other school-administered activities.
ADMISSIONS TIMELINE FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
- September - November 2021 - Fall Day Tours by Appointment
- Friday, October 1, 2021 - APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE
- October-December 2021 - Interviews by Appointment
- Friday, October 29, 2021 - Band Night
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Open House
- Friday, November 19, 2021 - Application Deadline
- Saturday, December 4, 2021 - Placement Test Day/Tuition Assistance Meeting for Parents/Guardians
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - Admission Letters Mailed
- Monday, March 7, 2022 - Registration Deadline
- March-May 2022 - Spring Day Tours by Appointment
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022 - Bear Fair
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - Welcome Meeting for Incoming Students and Parents/Guardian
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - Tuition Assistance Application Deadline