Plan to join us on Wednesday, March 9 to learn more information about all aspects of Catholic High School. Families attending Bear Fair can arrive and leave anytime between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Here's what you can expect at our 2022 event:
- Course Scheduling: Confirm course selection and ask questions about placement.
- School Counseling Staff: School counselors will be available to discuss course progression and counseling services.
- Financial Information: Members of the Finance Office will be available to answer questions and assist with account set up.
- Mathematics Proficiency Test: All students will receive an email from the CHS scheduling department indicating if this test is needed. This proficiency test is used to properly place students in their math course next school year.
- Foreign Language Placement Test: Those students who are currently taking foreign language for high school credit, are native speakers, or are fluent in their selected language are required to take this test. Students meeting these criteria will receive an email from the CHS scheduling department.
- Band and Choir Meetings: Students who have chosen band or choir as their fine arts elective will need to attend one of the 15-minute sessions with their parent(s). During this time, they will receive information about and schedule the required class placement audition on Mach 24 or 26.
- Athletic Department Incoming Parent Information Meeting: The Catholic High School Athletic Department will present policies, expectations, summer training, athletic evaluations, and athletic eligibility paperwork.
- Complimentary Dinner: The Men’s Club and Mothers’ Club will serve dinner throughout the evening in the Brother Donnan Berry, S.C. Student Center. Stop by to eat and get information about our parent support groups. Serving concludes at 5:45 p.m. Visit our photo booth and commemorate your first event as a BEAR!
- CHS Bruin Shop: Shop the Bruin Shop and stock up on your orange and black gear.
- Extracurricular Extravaganza: Explore all our clubs have to offer and meet club members and moderators.
- Challenge Food Drive: Join Catholic High in supporting the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank by bringing canned food donations.
*Check out the event flyers below for more information.