Day Tours provide families with the opportunity to visit on a typical day at Catholic High School. In addition to a general tour and overview, parents and their sons are encouraged to ask questions about any aspect of CHS while on the tour.
Families interested in attending a Day Tour must schedule their visit in advance. The tours will last about an hour and a half. Day Tours are intended for small groups, so registration for a Day Tour is limited.
We highly encourage attending our CHS Information Afternoon and our Open House. These events give families a clear and comprehensive view of our mission in educating young men.
To Arrange a Day Tour, please contact the admissions office 225.383-0397.
The mission of Catholic High School is to teach Gospel values in an environment of academic excellence according to Catholic tradition and the spirit of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart.
We believe in a holistic approach to education. We believe that a young person learns from his or her total experience of the school setting. We attempt to address the religious, academic, social, psychological, physical and cultural development of the young person through the schools programs, courses and policies.
For a more in-depth look at who we are and what we do, please read Sharing Our Vision.
In admitting students, we look for young people who can profit from and contribute to the religious and educational mission of the school.
ADMISSIONS TIMELINE FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
- September - November 2021 - Fall Day Tours by Appointment
- Thursday, September 30, 2021 - CHS Information Afternoon
- Friday, October 1, 2021 - Applications Available Online
- Monday, October 4, 2021 - CHS Information Afternoon
- October-December 2021 - Interviews by Appointment
- Friday, October 29, 2021 - Band Night
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Open House
- Friday, November 19, 2021 - Application Deadline
- Saturday, December 4, 2021 - Placement Test Day/Tuition Assistance Meeting for Parents/Guardians
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - Admission Letters Mailed
- Monday, March 7, 2022 - Registration Deadline
- March-May 2022 - Spring Day Tours by Appointment
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022 - Bear Fair
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - Welcome Meeting for Incoming Students and Parents/Guardian
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - Tuition Assistance Application Deadline
Catholic High School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on any national, ethnic or religious basis in administration of the school’s education policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, athletics or any other school-administered activities.
In keeping with the educational tradition of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, no student is refused admission or asked to leave Catholic High School solely because of his family’s inability to pay tuition.